How To Host A Comfortable Event
Walking into an event and feeling anxious, nervous, and uncertain can be a real party pooper. You don’t want your guests to feel uncomfortable or else they will leave early. Creating a comfortable atmosphere for attendees will make them want to stay until the end as well as share their experience with others.
7 Tips to Make Your Event Comfortable for Guests
Provide your guests with a drink station
- Great options include coffee, tea, and water with fancy fruits. Having a bar is also a good touch if the event is meant to help people socialize.
Offer healthy food instead of junk food
- Food rich in calories, fat, sugar and salt may be yummier and easier to prepare, however, it tends to weigh people down and make them tired. Opt for healthy meals.
Give your guests some downtime to explore the venue and refresh themselves
- Guests must get comfortable with the environment first in order to enjoy it.
Make your guests feel comfortable by seating them into small groups
- People want to socialize, but not in an intimidating space with 10 to 20 people at a time. Instead, seat 4 or 6 people at each table, as it’s easier to talk amongst a small group rather than a large one.
Make sure to have an MC or host to lead the event
- Hire someone who is comfortable with speaking and is humorous. If your MC is confident, concise, and clear with the audience, they will appreciate it. Remember, attitude is contagious.
Hire a DJ that knows how to read a crowd.
- When should a DJ play an upbeat song or a more lower-key beat? A good DJ will know how to work the crowd and get the energy in the room going if needed. Music can influence one's mood. Ever notice a certain type of music when you’re shopping? Department stores will play songs that are upbeat to get the customers in a good mood to shop.
Offer your guests a fun photo booth to capture the moment, especially if it’s something you want a lasting memory of
- Regardless of the occasion, people love to take pictures. Opt for those modern photo booths that will provide your guests with high-quality physical copies of their pictures. Your guests will want to make sure everyone hears about it.