While we miss you and cannot wait to welcome you back, we remain committed to the best interests and well-being of our team members, clients, guests, and community.
In collaboration with the Washington Safe Meeting and Convention Coalition, the Greater Tacoma Convention Center and other facilities proposed guidelines for the reopening of the meetings industry in Washington State.
UPDATE 11.16.20: Washington Governor Jay Inslee recently announced updated guidelines for Convention Centers, for the time period of November 16 through December 14, 2020. Professional training and testing that cannot be performed remotely, as well as court and judicial branch related proceedings, are allowed at a capacity of 100 people or 25% per meeting room. Wedding ceremonies (no receptions) are allowed for up to 30 attendees. Floor plans to reduce occupancy can be customized to fit your needs. Please contact us for more information.
What To Expect
We are making modifications to ensure we exceed reopening guidelines so our clients and guests feel comfortable returning and clients feel confident booking their next event.
While we continue to follow this dynamic situation, we are working on our readiness plan and here is some of what clients and guests can expect in the coming months:
- We have applied for Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Star Accreditation. GBAC STAR™ Certification is the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation for facilities. The accreditation program is designed to establish a comprehensive system of cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention.
- HVAC upgrades to improve indoor air quality, including BiPolar ionization units to reduce contaminated air particles, protecting people from airborne bacteria and viruses.
- Electrostatic sprayers will be used to thoroughly disinfect between meetings. Electrostatic cleaning is a means of spraying a fine mist of positively charged disinfectant particles that adhere to surfaces and objects.
- Water fountains will be replaced by single bottle fillers in public lobby areas.
- All restroom facility fixtures will be touchless and air hand dryers disabled.
- UVC cleaning technology added to escalators.
- Employee training and healthy workplace protocols including use of appropriate PPE and staff wellness checks.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitation of high touch and high traffic areas during events.
- Hand sanitizer provided throughout the facility.
- Physical distancing protocols established, including working with clients on adapted seating arrangements in meeting spaces. Clear signage in both front and back of house will reinforce COVID-19 policies enforced by staff. Front of house signage will be placed in public common areas such as lobbies, elevators, and at entryways.
- All guests and staff are required to wear face coverings.
- A COVID-19 compliance staff member will be present during every event to ensure appropriate physical distancing and facial coverings practices are in place.
- Staggered event times will be utilized if there are multiple events in the facility.
- Creative modifications to food service with more pre-packaged individual service items.
- Touch-free pay through app parking is available.
- A controlled environment where attendees are pre-registered and contact information is retained by event planners.
Flexible Booking Guidelines
With the uncertainty of the phased reopening timeline, we have implemented flexible booking guidelines to reduce worries for events in 2021 and beyond:
- New Training and Testing events that are unable to be conducted virtually can be booked for up to 100 people through December 31, 2020. Other event types or events with more than 100 people will be considered for 2021, only with backup dates selected.
- New events can be booked for up to 300 people for January, February, and March with a maximum capacity of 50% of each event space. New events of all sizes can be booked for April through December 2021. For all new 2021 events, additional backup dates must be selected within the following six months at the time of booking.
- Should event dates change within the six month window (or rooms need to change) due to phased guidelines from state government, additional rental fees will not be charged, and all deposits will be transferred to the new date.
We will monitor the continually evolving guidelines through national, international, local and state health authorities while our team continues to create innovative solutions for clients and guests to gather in safe and healthy ways.
We know there is a lot riding on events here – stay healthy and rest assured that we will continue to adapt and prepare for the greater way forward.