We missed you and cannot wait to welcome you back. We remain committed to the best interests and well-being of our team members, clients, guests, and community.
We have made modifications to ensure our clients and guests feel comfortable returning and clients feel confident booking their next event.
Here's what you can expect:
- We have achieved Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) Star™ Accreditation. GBAC STAR™ is the venue industry’s premier outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation for facilities. Under the guidance of GBAC, a division of the Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association (ISSA), the Greater Tacoma Convention Center has adopted the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention, aligning with venues across North America and the world in commitment to the highest safety and cleaning standards.
- We have installed AtmosAir Solutions bi-polar ionization (BPI) technology to provide an improved indoor environment. AtmosAir Solutions BPI devices, installed in our HVAC systems, improves air quality by suppressing airborne and surface micro-organisms and pathogens, including viruses, bacteria and mold, and reduces odors as well as unhealthy and irritating volatile organic compounds (VOCs). The technology makes the Convention Center more sustainable while reducing energy and operational costs. Learn more here.
- Electrostatic sprayers will be used to thoroughly disinfect between events. Electrostatic cleaning is a means of spraying a fine mist of positively charged disinfectant particles that adhere to surfaces and objects.
- NanoSeptic® self-cleaning surfaces applied to door handles and elevator buttons.
- UV-C light array sanitizing units are used to disinfect rooms.
- We are now a cashless facility. Debit/credit cards, Google Pay and Apple Pay will be available at all points of sale. A cash-to-card kiosk (reverse ATM) is available on the Fifth Floor where guests can exchange their cash for a VISA card. Card balances remain useable anywhere after the event. Going cashless improves the transaction process with reduced wait times and limited guest to staff contact. Vendors are encouraged to only accept credit or mobile payments for their safety, but individual vendors for consumer and trade shows may still accept cash.
- Water fountains replaced by single bottle fillers in public lobby areas.
- All restroom facility fixtures are touchless and air hand dryers disabled.
- Employee training has been enhanced.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitation of high touch and high traffic areas during events.
- Hand sanitizer provided throughout the facility.
- Guests are encouraged to maintain physical distance based on their comfort level with respect to others.
- Effective August 23, face coverings are required for all guests, regardless of vaccination status, per state order (subject to change).
- Staggered event times will be utilized if there are multiple events in the facility.
- Touch-free parking payment is available through the Flowbird App.
Flexible Booking Guidelines
We have implemented flexible booking guidelines to reduce worries for events in 2021 and beyond:
- For all new events booked through December 2021, additional backup dates will be provided within the six months following the original booking date.
- If phased guidelines prohibiting the initial event date are reintroduced, the event date will be moved to the backup date with no additional rental fees, and all deposits will be transferred to the new date.
We will continue to deliver quality experiences that enrich and nourish lives through our healthy service commitment, including:
- Employees adhering to strict health and safety procedures.
- Touchless hot urns and cold beverage containers will be provided.
We can't wait to welcome you back – stay healthy and rest assured that we will continue to adapt for the greater way forward.